Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What Am I?

What Am I?

I'm only a daughter-in-law and a stepdaughter, but not a mother's daughter.
Most of the time in everyone's eyes I feel that I'm a bother.
I'm not pretty or gorgeous with a figure that flatters.
I don't wear fancy clothes, but neither are they in tatters.
I'm not famous or special in any particular way.
I just live an ordinary life, and take it day by day.
I don't like living life feeling like I'm only treading water.
I'm only a daughter-in-law and step-daughter, but not a mother's daughter.
Tiffany Sue Roberts
May 2007
With the passing of Mother's Day, I'm always reminded of the Mother I don't have. Going through this miscarriage was especially hard too - all I wanted was to have a mother's loving arms to wrap around me.....I don't know if it would have made it easier to go through....but it would have made me feel loved. I think that's why my miscarriage hit me so hard. Most of the time I go through life believing that noone on this earth cares for me....I told Mike I wanted to increase our family because I want to be surrounded by my children and husband who love me. Sometimes I'm just unsure of who really loves me for me....at least with your children you don't have to second guess whether they love you or not. Of course they do! So, right now I just feel completely lost and alone in this big world....it's really a horrible feeling and you'd know it if you've ever experienced it.

No comments: