Monday, May 21, 2007

My Sweetie's Surprise...

My sweetie surprised me and bought a movie that I had been over the moon to see.....he bought me "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. Then he bought London the new "Charlotte's Web" movie with Dakota Fanning. As an extra special treat.....he rented "Because I Said So" with Diane Keaton. It was such a good movie - worth buying. I'm still in the process of watching "The Holiday", but it's really good what I've seen of it so far.
We took a special drive after I got off work and out of the Dr.'s office today. We went to one of our favorite romantic parks. London fell asleep in the car on the way there so we were able to park and watch the sunset. We also saw a sea lion playing in the ocean, and a deer watching us drive by. It was a nice moment and especially nice since London was asleep and being quiet....!
We've had a rough few weeks and today I found out that I may need to have surgery. I may have a condition that contributed to my miscarriage, and the Dr. won't be able to figure that out unless he does surgery. So, all of this pain and discomfort I've been having.....could possibly be corrected. The only drawback....it's surgery and since I'm the main breadwinner I would be out of commission for a few days. That would hurt my paycheck - a lot! Plus, we don't want to burden anyone to help us with London while Mike is working and I'm recuperating. We're not the type of people who enjoy burdening others with our child - he's our responsibility, not anyone else's. I will meet with the surgeon in June to discuss everything and then I'll make my decision about whether or not to have it done. It's just not ideal for me to be out of commission - I'm the one my family depends on for everything, including the paycheck. There's just no great time to have this done...I may be able to just live with it because apparently I've lived with it for 12 years now - I'm sure another 12 won't be hard. So, we'll see how everything goes at my appt. first.
We've decided not to have London do Bitty Ball in June. His games would be on Saturdays, and Mike works every Saturday so he would never be able to see London play. I'm sure our best friends or my Aunt and Uncle would come see his games but London deserves to have all of the support he can get - especially to have his Daddy there. So, Mike and I decided we would skip Bitty Ball this time around and just do soccer in the fall. Besides.....he's got years to do sports - what's the rush?
Guess I should run - my movie is beckoning me!

No comments: