Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Love of a Best Friend...

This week has the been the hardest week of my life...Tomorrow will mark one week since my miscarriage. One of my best friends (I'm fortunate enough to have 3 best friends!) has been calling me periodically throughout the week. Most people have stayed away and given Mike and I time to grieve by ourselves....but Sonia just isn't one of those people. Sometimes she drives me crazy with the things she says or does, but when it comes right down to it she is one of the most faithful friends you can ever have. Today I had a complete meltdown on the phone with her because I thought Mike had forgotten today was Mother's Day (he didn't, by the way) and because I'm just at an extremely low point right now. All week I've felt like I've had this whole ordeal to go through by myself. I would go grocery shopping or go to work and put on my brave face, but if only everyone knew that my heart was still breaking. Sonia would call though when I least expected her to and we'd talk for an hour at a time, sometimes almost 2 hours. How two people can find so much to talk about, I'll never know! Sonia and I have been best friends since 7th grade. We have a lot of history together and our friendship has survived the two of us moving all over the place to different locales, and we've even kept track of each other's pregnancies, etc...
All I know is that I'm very thankful for my best friends and especially for Sonia. Without her this week I don't know what I would have done.

No comments: