Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My Angels...

Out of the depths of sadness this poem was created. I suffered my 2nd miscarriage the beginning of this week. Life can really throw some curve balls - especially when you're not paying attention!
But, out of this whole situation....I was able to find a miscarriage support group online. The ladies there have been beyond wonderful. It's very sad that we have to come together on this support group for the loss of our babies - but, it's also strengthening to know that I'm not alone and neither are they. I put this poem on my support group also. They were very touched by it. My aunt also has a support group she goes to for the loss of her daughter (my cousin) - she asked my permission to take my poem to her group as they have a support group for people who have suffered from miscarriages. Eventually, I would like to join the local support group that I can physically go to. But, that will take time as I am not ready. I wrote this poem from my heart - I was composing it on my way home from the Dr. after receiving the news. I had to think of something besides crying while I was driving because I didn't want to get into an accident. I've found that it's very difficult to cry and drive at the same time, especially if you want to be a safe driver. So, the words just started flowing on my drive home, and then I finished it that night as I wasn't able to go to sleep. I'm still having trouble sleeping - and I'm not sure if it's because I have some depression kicking in from my loss, or if it's from the medication I was given.
Mike and I wanted this baby so much....he even told me after he got out of the hospital in January that if he were to die his biggest regret would have been not being able to have another baby with me.
Our love is so strong though...we've been grieving together and it helps to lessen the pain when you're going through it together. London has been more well-behaved also and I think he knows that Mommy is in pain and that she's sad.
Before I forget.....a big thank you to all of our friends and family for their support. Thank you for giving us space to grieve on our own and get through this. Just knowing you're there and that you care about us means more than you'll ever know....

No comments: