Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Handprint of God...

These past few days were some of the most trying that I've had for a while! My husband was so sick in the hospital and all I could think was that I was going to lose the center of my universe. Sure, we have our moments when we drive each other crazy and we have our ups and downs like any married couple. When our Dr. said he was moving my husband into CCU I just remember thinking of the time when my Dad was airlifted to the UW Medical Center and was on life support. I never questioned God at all during any of this with Michael. I was so busy and frantic trying to make sure my toddler was taken care of when I couldn't take him to the hospital with me. I didn't have time to figure out why this was happening. But, it's funny how certain situations will make you take stock of your life and of your loved ones and make you appreciate what you DO have. It makes you stop and think that you're not as willing to take the little moments with your loved ones for granted. While bringing my husband home from the hospital today, I reached over and grabbed his leg and told him I was so excited that he was coming home - I told him I loved him and that he and London are literally the center of my universe. I need both of them like I need air to breathe. I don't feel that way with just anyone - but with Mike and London I do. They are the special men in my life and they always will be.
This poem certainly doesn't do justice to the feelings locked inside my heart right now. But, I need to contemplate my thoughts and words of this whole experience before I can put them into words of poetry. I certainly want to write a poem about London seeing his Daddy for the 1st time after his Daddy got out of CCU - it's hard to describe in words - but I now understand what it means to see a child who is so completely in love with his Daddy. That's a memory that will forever be locked in my heart - it was so precious and I'm just honored I was able to witness that moment between the two of them.

No comments: