Monday, May 19, 2008

My Thoughts....

The Vacancy

I didn't ask to be a part of your life, nor did I have a choice.

As an adult I have learned to speak up and use my voice.

You can hurt me no longer with your petty games and mind-play.

And, I don't really need to listen to anything that you say.

I've grown accustomed to the vacancy in that motherly role.

I'm better off without you as your damage has taken it's toll.

I no longer trust that what people say is genuine and real.

For I dare not show anyone how I hurt and really feel.

Just because you're a mother does not mean you're pure at heart.

It doesn't mean you can lash out and have anger off the chart.

I pity the people who have to tolerate what I've had to silently endure.

All I can do is focus on my beautiful son, of that I am most sure.

Tiffany Sue Roberts

No comments: