Saturday, July 28, 2007

All things......Laura Ingalls Wilder!

Check out www.lauraingallswilder.com and www.lauraingallswilderhome.com

Another fascination of mine is the history of Laura Ingalls Wilder. When we went to Missouri to see my husband's Grandma we made sure to stop at the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead. I was in heaven. My ultimate dream vacation would be.....to go to every homestead site where Laura Ingalls Wilder lived as a child and as an adult. Someday, just someday....my dream will come true.
I swear I was born in the wrong era. I would have made an awesome pioneer girl/woman. I love to grow my own food and do everything the "hard" way. But, I'm spoiled and I like my shower every day and the conveniences of modern medicine. TV is pretty cool too! Nevertheless, I liked that era and don't feel like I "fit in" much with the era I'm currently in. So, woe is me.....
A girl can dream though, right?

No comments: