Thursday, April 23, 2009

Such a Pretty Day...

It's such a pretty day today. Maddie slept through the night and has been sleeping through the night all week long. Woo Hoo! You know what that means, don't you? I'm actually getting some much-needed sleep!

I'm waiting for the library to open today (they don't open until 10am)so Maddie and I can go and use their WIFI. I love to take my laptop computer to the library and use their high-speed internet for free! I can get twice as much done in half the time. Plus, it gets Maddie and I out of the house while London is away at school and Mike is at work.

I'm working on downloading all of my poems for my new book entitled, "A Window into my Heart". I've found a new publisher (actually they found me after I entered some poems into a contest in November)and they pay twice the royalties I was making with my other publishing company, and they pay for all of the publishing costs. Plus, they physically stock your book on bookstores shelves rather than the print on demand concept. So, I'm getting my poems ready to send to the editor.....that's always such a nerve-wracking thing to do....it's like putting your baby out into the real world and hoping they return in one piece and not damaged. I don't know how I've managed to finish writing another book while being a very busy wife and mom of two. Hmmm....maybe I am Wonder Woman after all and just never realized it!

Gotta figure out what to have for dinner tonight and jump into the tub while Maddie is napping! The all-important multi-tasking Mom is at it again! Haaa!

No comments: