Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Heartbreak.....

Heartbreak

I don't understand, for the life of me, why you need to self-destruct.

So many people love you, yet you continue to press your luck.

I love you so much it hurts inside, but I have to protect my heart.

I know you love me in your own way - I've known it from the start.

I hate to watch your heart fail and you struggle just to breathe.

For I know it's just a matter of time before we say goodbye and grieve.

If we could turn back time I would say, "Please Daddy don't drink that beer."

If we knew then what we know now you'd stop drinking just to be here.

I want to cherish the time I have to spend with you right now.

I promise I'll try not to cry and be a brave girl - that's my vow.

I've always loved you, my Daddy, throughout the good and the bad.

Because at the end of the day, you're still the only Father I had.

Tiffany Sue Roberts

No comments: