Tuesday, May 06, 2008

An Ode to an Only Child...

An Only Child

I'm glad I'm an only child and here's the reason why.

I'm ashamed to be related to someone who refuses to even try.

Relationships work both ways - they're not a one-way street.

Somehow you think you have a license to ignore and mistreat.

If I were you, I wouldn't be so proud of the person that you've become.

Obviously you don't need a sibling, because you're too focused on being the only one.

We cannot wait around forever for you to become who you want to be.

And, we cannot pretend that all is well with such a dysfunctional family.

It isn't normal to ignore your siblings - no matter what the reason or cause.

Because in the end you have to realize that as a sibling you too have many flaws.

Tiffany Sue Roberts

No comments: