Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Fascination with the Amish Culture...

Peach Pie is my absolute most favorite pie in the entire universe! Give me peach pie any day! And......I've found an Amish Peach Pie recipe also - yum - o - (As Rachel Ray would say!)
Looks like I'll have to try my hand at making a pie.....oh yeahhhhh!


Amish Peach Pie
4 c. peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 t. salt
2&1/2 T. tapioca
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
Topping:
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/3 c. brown sugar
2&1/2 T. butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 425°. Mix together gently, peaches, sugar, salt and tapioca. Let blend for five minutes before spooning into pie shell.
To make topping: Mix flour, cinnamon and brown sugar with melted butter and sprinkle over pie shell. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.


I am utterly fascinated with the Amish. They're way of life....everything! They do everything the "hard" way, whereas we're so accustomed to being lazy and dependent on electricity, etc.....

I've often thought that I was born in the wrong era. I would have been perfectly content being Laura Ingalls Wilder or some other long-ago character. I like to grow my own food and do everything myself. But, this day and age you're not really given the opportunity to do so with technology and society looking down upon you.

I told Mike that this Christmas I just want books on the Amish. I don't care if I even get anything else!

No comments: