Saturday, January 06, 2007

Just doin' my crafts...


Now I know you're probably saying, "what is the old gal putting pictures of her crafts on here for?" Well, I'll tell ya. These are crafts that I made for my Aunt and Uncle in California for Christmas presents. Yes, I know I'm a dingleberry and Christmas has been and gone. But, it's the thought that counts, not the time frame in which it is done. I just had a really hard time getting into my crafts this year. Last year I started making presents in September, but this year I just didn't have it in me to make tons of stuff for everyone. My aunt and uncle helped make our Christmas a very special one this year. I know, Christmas is not about tons of presents and stuff like that....but I was so fearful that London wouldn't have a good Christmas - I don't want him having memories of Christmases where he didn't get anything. No parent wants that. But, we had a great Christmas and they are partially responsible for that. I made my Aunt and Uncle knitted and crocheted hat/scarf sets and made a little ornament of London's school picture. I also made my cousins hat and scarf sets too and an ornament of London's picture. My aunt has really helped me through some tough times this year. When I wanted to get a divorce - she was there to talk me out of it. She called me once or twice a week just to make sure I was okay. For that I will always be grateful to her. It's really hard sometimes when you don't have your own mother and feel like you don't belong anywhere. 2006 was one heck of a year - I'm pretty glad it's over and we can all have a fresh start. All I know, is that I want to teach London the importance of what a real family is. That's what my aunt has taught me - you always stick by your family and you're there whenever someone needs your help or just a listening ear. Family isn't just about getting together once or twice a year for a holiday or a birthday. There's more to the meaning of family than that. Friends will come and go - but your family is forever. They will be the ones who rush to your bedside when you're sick, comfort you when you've suffered a loss, and laugh with you even if your jokes are stupid. I can only hope to teach London the importance of family. I'm just thankful that my aunt was there when I needed someone to care about what I was going through and what I was feeling. So, I know it isn't much....but I really wanted to make something as a heartfelt gift for my relatives in California.

No comments: