Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm so excited...

I am so excited! Mike told me yesterday that when we get our income tax back he wants to take me to a bed and breakfast in Port Townsend. It won't necessarily be a second honeymoon because we will need to take our toddler with us. We don't have anyone to watch him, nor do I feel comfortable leaving him overnight with other people. But, we want to stay at one of the Victorian homes. It will be nice to get away from home and away from everyone and everything that wants to use up our time. School, work, family.....you get the idea. This is huge though, considering we were about ready to call it quits on the whole marriage a few months back. Port Townsend is our favorite place, and there's a little town called Nordland that we would eventually like to move to and live for the rest of our lives. It was a toss up between staying at a bed and breakfast in Leavenworth or going to Port Townsend. I'm not really into Leavenworth that much. It's such a tourist trap, and each time we've passed through the people are incredibly rude. Go to Leavenworth, lose your manners!
We're also planning on buying our sleigh bed, 2 new tall dressers and a swingset for London. Besides paying some bills and being responsible. So, that's my big news for the day. It will be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it - especially since it was completely my Sweetie's idea. Normally I'm the one who has to make plans to do something like that and think up the ideas - but he outdid me on this one!

No comments: